Writing a great essay is one of the most daunting tasks many students face once they begin college or university. Often students will procrastinate, avoiding the challenging task of beginning a paper until it is nearly due, producing a low quality essay and a poor grade. This article provides a couple of valuable tips to simply help students plan their time effectively to simply help ensure top marks.
write a good essay
In my first year of university I struggled with essay writing as much as my peers, and possibly more. I procrastinated and avoided writing my term papers so long as possible, causing myself untold stress and worry. However, by the full time I finished graduate school I had mastered the process of planning, researching and writing essays. Rather than stress, fear and worry I surely could write with full confidence and achieve top grades.
A large section of success in essay writing is found in planning your time effectively. If you create a schedule for your projects that avoids conflicts and ensures you have ample time to accomplish each task, the grade of your writing will improve dramatically. Use this simple process to plan your semester and you may well be more able to relax and enjoy your time in the data that you have your assignments well in hand.
1. Gather your class schedules and/or syllabi.
2. Sit down with a calendar and mark off the dates of projects, essays and exams.
3. Identify conflicts, such as multiple exams or essays happening in the exact same week. That is common by the end of a term.
4. Identify other dates and aspects of your life that could conflict with your assignments. Examples could include work, athletics, family holidays or other events you can’t or do not need to miss.
5. Estimate simply how much time each assignment will need you. Warning – always overestimate the full time it will decide to try complete a project. Greater in order to complete early than to be overworked.
6. Identify blocks of time in your weekly schedule where you can get pieces of work finished. In the very best case you will have several 2-3 hour gaps between classes.
7. Assign the full time necessary to accomplish each project, including assignments, research, writing and preparation for exams. Use every week available.
8. Avoid planning any work with weekends. At least, do not plan anything for Friday or Saturday nights. You will more than likely not take action anyways, so don’t get yourself feel guilty when you are doing something else. Get your projects done during the week and enjoy your time off without stress.
9. Be sure to reassess your schedule and make changes if your time estimates are inaccurate.
10. Always think about ways to use your time more efficiently. There are hundreds of ways to study more effectively, or maximize of your time while researching an essay.
If you’re proactive you are able to avoid becoming some of those famously overworked, stressed out and miserable students that are buried under a mountain of work. Instead you are able to enjoy your education while earning top grades.