A job in the fashion industry sounds exciting and lucrative. Have you consider getting into the fashion industry, but might think that you cannot manage it? There are many eşofman roles and positions that you can play in the fashion world. One does not necessarily be a clothier but still be able to employ a success career in the fashion industry.
Being able to make a living with things you like is always enjoyable. If you are a fashion fan and love to see beautiful clothing, accessories or sketches around you, think about starting a job in the fashion world. Below are some key roles in the fashion world where you can take part in – from design, production, marketing, to many more.
This is one of the most visible jobs in the fashion industry. Designers are responsible for conceptualizing their ideas on trends and realizing them on their final products. Designers can be employed by companies which own a small grouping designers, or work for their own brand and production line, or, even as a freelancer providing designs for difference companies.
There are several types of fashion designers:
- Apparel designers: Obviously these are clothing designers, ranging from lingerie, sports wear, casual wear to high fashion couture, for men, women and kids.
- Footwear designers: They design footwear for men, women and kids from a style point of view, as well as from a foot-health’s perspective.
- Accessory designers: Accessories has a broad definitely – from totes, hat, glasses to gloves, scarves and jewelry pieces.
Production involves the trying of clothing and accessories until producing the final pieces that would deliver to shops and customers. This massive work involves a team of various professions:
- Merchandiser: Merchandisers play a key role in the production process of a fashion product. They are responsible for buying garbage for production, selecting fabric, textiles and trims. They have to make decisions based on pricing, quality and latest trend and innovation of garbage.
- Technical Designers: Technical designers are the one responsible for doing fittings during the whole trying to production procedure. They might not be the one who designed the garment but are the experts in providing alternative to the garment to improve the fitting of garment.
- Pattern Makers: Pattern is the basis for a garment to be sewed. Pattern makers produce and observe after patterns for clothing that designers have sketched out. Pattern makers are key persons in realization of a garment.
- Pattern Graders: The sizing of garment starts with the pattern grading. Pattern graders are experts in creating size specifications for different sizes. They are vital persons in for any fashion brands, as a consistent sizing across products can maintain customer loyalty and confidence.
- Fitting Models: Ultimately clothing and footwear are made for putting comfort and style together. Fitting is a crucial part in fashion industry and the most precise fitting is to apply model as the body for fitting.
Many companies have their own dedicated models for fitting their lines, who has the actual precise sizing way of measuring the brand requires. Sometimes you would see ads looking for trying models, from kids, men, women to plus size models.
- Quality Control Specialists: Quality control is of top importance for any type of products, and is no different in fashion industry. Quality control specialists look at the quality of garbage, like peeling, shrinking and color fading of linen and overall quality of a fashion item, for instance, the overall assembling of an accessory item.
- Planners: Fashion planners put together closely with designers, merchandisers and buyers to decide the production plan for the coming conditions. They look at both production and marketing side while paying close awareness of the latest fashion trend.
Marketing is just as important as making a perfect little bit of fashion item. Whether it’s marketing in a wholesale or retail side, people in fashion marketing bears the mission of promoting the fashion item into this fast changing world.
- Fashion Buyer/ Retail Merchandisers: Product merchandisers are the ones who buy ready-made products to be sold in a shop like department stores. These merchandisers conduct researches and analyze market trend, the relative customer wants and stocks. They bear huge responsibility in terms of profit making, since having the eye to buy the right product for sales can change lives in revenue.
- Shop Sales Specialists: Some brands own their showrooms, displaying their collection for fashion buyers (wholesalers) to make their orders. Compared with retail sales, shop sales specialists should be aware of their seasons returning customer better and be able provide detailed information on the selling collections.
- Retail store Manager/ Boutique Owners: Retail shop manager, sales and boutique owners are the first line personnel facing retail customers like all of us.
Other Fashion-related Professions
Besides in the field of designing, producing or marketing a fashion item, one might be attracted by other positions like as a writer of fashion mag, online blogs and fashion event management etc. Below is a list highlighting the other possible jobs related to fashion industry:
- Fashion Writers: Writers or freelance writers can write for magazines, online blogs or sites on reviews, trends and recommendations. Fashion writers can also turn into fashion mag writers.
- Personal Stylists: Some department stores provide personal style services while some private customer would employ personal stylist giving them recommendations in personal style.
- Fashion event Management/ Public relations: There are anonymous fashion events which requires professional public relations and event management personnel to take care of. There are PR companies specialized in holding fashion related events.